The effects of market orientation and innovation on competitive advantage and business performance of textile SMEs

Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
  Processing Request
  • Additional Information
    • Publication Information:
      Growing Science, 2019.
    • Publication Date:
      2019
    • Abstract:
      This paper analyzes the effects of market orientation and innovation on competitive advantage and business performance. The method of collecting data is a designed questionnaire. The sample size is 150 textile SMEs in Selangor, Malaysia. Path analysis by operating SPSS 20.0 is used in analyzing the research. The result shows that market orientation and innovation had positive and significant effects on competitive advantage, partially. Market orientation and innovation give contributions to the competitive advantage of 46.3% while the rest of 54.7% are influenced by other variables which are not described in this study. Competitive advantage partially has a positive and significant influence on business performance. Market orientation and innovation also have significant effects on business performance both directly and indirectly through competitive advantage. Market orientation, innovation, and competitive advantage give contributions to the business performance of 58.4% while the rest of 41.6% are influenced by others variables which are not described in this study.
    • File Description:
      electronic resource
    • ISSN:
      1923-9335
      1923-9343
    • Relation:
      http://www.growingscience.com/msl/Vol9/msl_2019_122.pdf; https://doaj.org/toc/1923-9335; https://doaj.org/toc/1923-9343
    • Accession Number:
      10.5267/j.msl.2019.5.009
    • Rights:
      Journal Licence: CC BY
    • Accession Number:
      edsdoj.6a5c1be7582f473eaddbbf0cbff6ecd8
  • Citations
    • ABNT:
      UDRIYAH; JACQULINE THAM; S. M. FERDOUS AZAM. The effects of market orientation and innovation on competitive advantage and business performance of textile SMEs. Management Science Letters, [s. l.], n. 9, p. 1419, 2019. Disponível em: . Acesso em: 20 nov. 2019.
    • AMA:
      Udriyah, Jacquline Tham, S. M. Ferdous Azam. The effects of market orientation and innovation on competitive advantage and business performance of textile SMEs. Management Science Letters. 2019;(9):1419. doi:10.5267/j.msl.2019.5.009.
    • APA:
      Udriyah, Jacquline Tham, & S. M. Ferdous Azam. (2019). The effects of market orientation and innovation on competitive advantage and business performance of textile SMEs. Management Science Letters, (9), 1419. https://doi.org/10.5267/j.msl.2019.5.009
    • Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date:
      Udriyah, Jacquline Tham, and S. M. Ferdous Azam. 2019. “The Effects of Market Orientation and Innovation on Competitive Advantage and Business Performance of Textile SMEs.” Management Science Letters, no. 9: 1419. doi:10.5267/j.msl.2019.5.009.
    • Harvard:
      Udriyah, Jacquline Tham and S. M. Ferdous Azam (2019) ‘The effects of market orientation and innovation on competitive advantage and business performance of textile SMEs’, Management Science Letters, (9), p. 1419. doi: 10.5267/j.msl.2019.5.009.
    • Harvard: Australian:
      Udriyah, Jacquline Tham & S. M. Ferdous Azam 2019, ‘The effects of market orientation and innovation on competitive advantage and business performance of textile SMEs’, Management Science Letters, no. 9, p. 1419, viewed 20 November 2019, .
    • MLA:
      Udriyah, et al. “The Effects of Market Orientation and Innovation on Competitive Advantage and Business Performance of Textile SMEs.” Management Science Letters, no. 9, 2019, p. 1419. EBSCOhost, doi:10.5267/j.msl.2019.5.009.
    • Chicago/Turabian: Humanities:
      Udriyah, Jacquline Tham, and S. M. Ferdous Azam. “The Effects of Market Orientation and Innovation on Competitive Advantage and Business Performance of Textile SMEs.” Management Science Letters, no. 9 (2019): 1419. doi:10.5267/j.msl.2019.5.009.
    • Vancouver/ICMJE:
      Udriyah, Jacquline Tham, S. M. Ferdous Azam. The effects of market orientation and innovation on competitive advantage and business performance of textile SMEs. Management Science Letters [Internet]. 2019 [cited 2019 Nov 20];(9):1419. Available from: http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsdoj&AN=edsdoj.6a5c1be7582f473eaddbbf0cbff6ecd8&custid=s8280428